Thursday, January 21, 2021

Exhale

I held my breath for the first half of the inauguration. 

Like many of you, for the past week or so, I'd been languishing in a state of apprehension and fear leading up to yesterday's swearing-in ceremony.

Then, simply seeing the calm confidence in the eyes of the past presidents as they entered, brought a sense of knowing that all would be well.

It was more than well. It was dignified, uplifting, energizing and, restored my faith that our country would heal and that the healing began as soon as Joe Biden was sworn in as our 46th president.

I am immensely proud of our newly elected president and vice-president and the character, wisdom, and combined determination they possess to bring needed changes to our nation.

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are precisely what this nation needs to deliver us out of this pandemic, economic crisis, and disharmony that descended upon us like the tornado in the Wizard of Oz.

I'm proud of all Americans for taking their responsibility and voting privilege seriously and delivering our nation into the hands of a respected, experienced and, wise man. 

See, we've had the power all along. We can finally take a much needed exhale. We are going home, again.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...