Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Carrying On (published early due to COVID-19)

I hope this post finds you well and safe. As we know, the corona virus is in full swing in the U.S. Often we think of America as immune to pandemics such as these. What a wake-up call.

I'm sure everyone is informed of what they need to know about this disease and has been diligently washing their hands 15 times an hour, stocked up on toilet paper, canned foods and the like.

My husband's dad was born in Ireland so we host a dinner party every year. This year it'll be just a few close friends. That is, if I can get my hands on a few potatoes. No St. Patrick's Day party is complete without the boiled potatoes and cabbage playing second fiddle to the corned beef on the dinner table. The produce department is a bit bare as people worry they may be quarantined if diagnosed with this. Our party is a minor distraction from the concerns we all have regarding COVID-19.

Conditions and information is changing on an almost hourly basis - we have decided to cancel our little party for the health and safety of all. 

There's no short supply of scary information going around. Fortunately, we each have an inner world that we have full control over. We can choose, as difficult as it is at times, to remain calm and hopeful. After all, much of what is happening is out of our control, we're in uncharted territory, but our inner life and sanity is within our power.

This is also the time to reach out to our community via phone, Skype, etc. - to friends, neighbors and family, for mutual  support, reassurance and to check in with one another to see if anyone is in need of a helping hand. We all have one ultimate goal in mind and that is to eliminate COVID-19 and to be healthy and vital.

My thoughts are with all of you as we navigate the upcoming weeks. I wish you well and thank you for being a part of my community.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...