Thursday, October 31, 2019

Lessons from a Friend

My friend, Christie, with whom I play pickleball is a hoot! She makes all of us laugh. That's one of the things I like about her. Another thing I admire is she plays hard but doesn't take it too seriously.  She knows there are way more important things in life.

Christie is always willing to lend a helping hand. For example, one day we decided to play at courts I had never been to before and I wasn't familiar with the area and it took about 10 seconds for her to offer to take me with her. 

When we decided to meet socially as a group on a monthly basis, Christie was the first one to offer her home for our get together.

Our group has a texting account where we share news, plan pickleball games, ask questions, etc. and Christie is always one to answer those questions or offer assistance to anyone who needs it. She never needs encouragement. Christie is self-motivated to help.

Her upbeat attitude and joyful nature is contagious. One can't help having a good time when she is around.

Now, don't get me wrong. Christie is not a pushover or Pollyanna. I have seen more than one time where she has stood up for someone who didn't have the courage to speak up for themselves. She is able to do it firmly and confidently.

I admire all of the traits she possesses. I love it when I make a new friend and they have qualities that remind me of areas I may have let slide and how to embrace those virtues and bring them back into my life.

I am blessed to be able to call her my friend.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...