Thursday, September 5, 2019

My Three Goals

I have set three goals for myself to be realized by September 1, 2020.  Yes, most people start goals on New Years Day, but that is no matter to me.  I have chosen one year from now.

I am reading The Miracle Equation by Hal Elrod and was inspired by this book to set new goals for myself now.  I am a bit hesitant to share them publicly as "someone" may hold me accountable!  However, if I'm serious about attaining these goals, wouldn't I want to be held accountable?

So here goes; my three goals are:
 
     1.  To have this blog read by people I don't know - having it go public and getting noticed.

     2.  To have attained level 3.5 in pickleball.

     3.  To have completed a collage for my son and one of the San Francisco skyline.

There, I've said it.  Phew.

A bit of an explanation regarding my goals is needed.  My first goal to have my blog noticed is because it's not being read.  There are hundreds of thousands of blogs out there and mine is a little personal one yet it would be nice to have someone read it.  Yes, friends are reading it and actually that is very important but many of them already know what is going on in my life.  I'm really writing this blog because having lived six decades I have experienced events that might be helpful to others if I share them.

Goal two - I started playing pickleball this year and am totally and completely addicted and want to improve.  I'm guessing I'm at a 2.5 level now and have no idea how quickly one can improve but a 3.5 doesn't seem out of reach.  Perhaps I'm living in a dream - but I'll give it a shot.

I was painting for about 10 years and due to various circumstances took an extended break.  Now I'm interested in creating collages.  I completed my first collage this spring in honor of my son, Anthony, who died almost four years ago. I love that piece of art and it is hanging in my home.  Now I will create one for my younger son, Nick, who is a remarkable young man.

I have begun two different ones about Nick, but was unhappy with them.  Time to start anew and work through the fear of failure that creating something new often accompanies me. (Thus the reason I'm giving myself a full year to accomplish two collages.)

So there you have it.  The three goals for me to accomplish by September 1, 2020.

Please let me know if you are a goal setter and how that is going.

Till next week.....

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...