Thursday, September 26, 2019

A Quiet Day in a Busy Week

I just returned from spending a week at my little apartment in Marin County, CA.  It was a week chock full of visits with friends, lovely morning walks along the bay and a trip to San Francisco's MOMA.

My visits with friends always involves lunch or dinner and lots of conversation and plenty of belly laughs.

One group, 3 dear friends I met through an Artist's Way class many years ago, are artistic - (each in their own way), spiritual and always on a path of self-development, as am I.  Our conversations usually center on one of these subjects and are accompanied by a lovely meal.  This time we went to Jill's home in Sonoma County for a pot luck in her beautiful back yard surrounded by flowers and shrubbery and butterflies (and a few pesky bees!)

Another afternoon was a lunch at the Left Bank restaurant in Larkspur where Susie and I sat outside at the sidewalk cafe dining on French inspired sandwiches and salads.

My son, Nick and I had lunch at John's Grill in San Francisco, famous for it's part in the movie and novel - The Maltese Falcon.  Always a yummy and interesting choice. After lunch we were off to MOMA.  Writing about this museum could be a post unto itself. Suffice it to say, we thoroughly enjoyed it!

The remainder of my week in Marin was busy with the exception of Sunday.  I was up and out early for a walk along the water as I usually do and after a quick trip to Trader Joe's headed back to my apartment.  A friend I had planned on seeing took ill and had to cancel and as it turned out, this day was completely and totally enjoyable and unexpectedly so.

I had the entire day ahead of me with not one thing on my agenda. Usually, my time here is jam packed in order for me to see everyone. This day I ate a leisurely lunch sitting on my deck - no TV or book to distract me.  Later, I spent a few hours reading my newest fiction; The Silent Patient (fascinating read), getting through my emails and online newsletters, and simply sitting admiring the amazing pine trees and simply being.  Imagine the luxury of being alone with nothing but your thoughts and silence.  Absolutely lovely.

Perhaps I enjoyed this time alone so much because it is so rare.  I relished every moment of it.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...