Thursday, August 15, 2019

Children and How Can They Be This Age?

My younger son, Nick, turned 35 on August 9.  How can that be? I know many of us say this:"I remember his birth (or whatever the event was) like it was yesterday".  Jeez.  I recall my grandmother saying things like that. I would smile and perhaps roll my eyes never really understanding the concept of a great deal of time passing and recalling an event with amazement.

My older son, Anthony, died almost 4 years ago.  He would've been 41in December.

Is that possible and still feel as though I have many, many wonderful, active, fruitful years left?  Of course, it is.

My sister's only child, Michael, is 40.  Saturday, I took my son Nick to the San Francisco Giant's game for his birthday and, coincidentally, Michael was chosen by his boss to throw out the first pitch at that game!  What a memory making opportunity it was for him. And for us to share in that thrill.

Michael and Anthony were only 6 1/2 weeks apart and were more like brothers than cousins growing up.  Anthony walked first, Michael was right behind him.  And yes, I remember those days like it was yesterday. Nick came along 5 1/2 years later - yup, just like yesterday.

I'm in California right now.  My son, Nick, lives in San Francisco, my sister and my nephew and his wife live in Marin as do friends I've had for 40 years and counting. Those 40 years have literally flown by.

 I reunited with my high school sweetheart, who is my husband now, six years ago and the first day we reconnected seems like a heartbeat ago.

As you have also have  experienced, as we age, time simply goes by in a flash. Again, I love my life, am grateful for all the good and the not so good, as it has gotten me where I am today. I'm pleased with the woman I've become and I plan on doing a whole lot more - including giving back, traveling, excelling at my favorite new sport - pickleball, creating more art and sharing my love with everyone who crosses my path.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...