Thursday, August 1, 2019

Are Chores Getting in the Way?

In a previous post I wrote about how I love to read however, it never seems as though there's enough time for it.  How can this be since I'm retired?

Here's the situation: I arise most mornings at 5:15 so I can (or try to) fit in everything I want to do.  I begin with my morning meditation that takes about 20 minutes. Then it's time to get ready for my exercise and at least three days a week that means pickleball (I've become addicted). There is a group of us that meets at the local YMCA at 6:30 a.m. where we set up the net and play for about 2 hours, sometimes more.  On the other days I either hike/walk or hit the gym early, especially in summer when temperatures in Arizona surpass 100 degrees by late morning.

When I return from whatever exercise I chose that day, it's time to caffeine up and have a bite of breakfast.  By this time it's mid-to-late morning and chores have begun - generally a load of wash,  wiping the kitchen counters, sprucing up the bathrooms,  making beds, etc., etc.  Even with a house cleaner every few weeks there is always so much to be done (especially with a hairy Golden Retriever as part of our family).

 Once or twice a week there's a run to the supermarket for a big shopping and a follow-up smaller shopping, perhaps a run to Costco or Target - you know the routine.

By the time all of these responsibilities are completed there may be some time in the afternoon for a bit of reading before dinner must be started. But, never enough time to satisfy me!  Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful life, a sweet (though not very tidy) husband, and am blessed with good health, wonderful friends and a loving family- still I'd like a few more hours in the day to take part in all the activities I love.  And I haven't even mentioned taking in an afternoon movie occasionally, or meeting a friend for lunch.

Yes, those darn chores are always there waiting for me.  That is something I can bet on.  However, as I've said - life is good and I am so grateful.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...