Thursday, July 25, 2019

My Most Recent Reads

I love to read.  Always have. And I am one of those odd (so I've been told) people who have several books going at once.  I am always reading a novel, a self-development book, one on sobriety, something spiritual and at times, I add a book on physical fitness that has caught my attention.

The physical fitness book I'm currently reading is Becoming Ageless by Strauss Zelnick.  He is a very successful CEO who changed his lifestyle and his body by changing both his diet and his workout.  Very inspiring, though I must say that at my age I have no intention of working out as hard as he does.  Though, I have been motivated to increase my muscle strengthening workout.

The spiritual/self-development/sobriety book (this one book covers all areas) I'm reading (re-reading actually) is The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, Anna David and Joe Polish.  This is the book that changed my morning routine almost one year ago and I'm still following today.  The book is chock full of great tips, ideas and motivation thus the re-reading of it.

Another spiritual book I peruse when I need a pick-me-up is The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer.  Again, another book I've had for several years and never fails to exhilarate me.

The fiction I'm reading is A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Bachman about a curmudgeon of a man and his attitude and musings on life and people.  I've just begun it and am enjoying it.

The novel that I just finished is Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman.  Eleanor is a quirky woman and has been compared to a young, female version of Ove, the curmudgeon.  She is quite a character and the book follows her journey.  At times she was frustrating and naive but precious.

The fiction I read prior to this is Less by Andrew Greer.  Another interesting and complicated individual.  I loved the ending! (I'm a sucker for happy endings).

That is a peek into my reading at the moment. I'm always up for something new and interesting.  My problem is, finding the time.  Even a retired woman has difficulty finding time for reading - but that's another post!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Our Book Club read Eleanor for our summer read! Found it a light summer read! Just finished 11/22/63! Long book but a great read!!! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...