Saturday, May 4, 2019

A Blessed Life

I arrived in my beloved Marin County last night. The ride from the airport was longer than usual, but then again it was Friday evening - 6 p.m., right in the middle of the commute.

I began reading a new novel as we made our way up the freeway and into San Francisco.  Crawled down 19th Avenue and from time to time I would raise my head to check to see where we were.  I looked at the familiar buildings, some of them exactly as they've been for many, many years.  Some have become more dilapidated while others have undergone improvements.  Still the avenue was basically the same, not especially interesting yet a welcome site to me.

Eventually we crossed the majestic Golden Gate Bridge into Marin.  I always feel the need to turn my head to check out the view of San Francisco from this vantage point and it never disappoints. At this moment the city was bathed in the last of the day's sunlight.  Just gorgeous.  The bay was still sparkling with a few scattered sailboats and several windsurfers (even though the  temperature is quite cool in early May).

My thoughts were; how blessed I am!  I have a lovely home in AZ, a dear husband, a beloved son, sisters and brother, friends that could not be replaced and to top it off, a home here as well!  How did I ever get so lucky?

Yes, I've suffered heartache. I lost a son and wasn't sure I could withstand that pain, but I did and am able to still find joy every day.  Being here in the place I've lived for over 40 years fills me with happiness and gratitude. 

Now I am waiting for my dear younger son.  We're going for a hike today in the warm sunshine and the beautiful hills of Sausalito.

Yes, I am truly blessed.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...