Saturday, May 11, 2019

My New Piece of Art

As I've said before, I love art; viewing it, reading about it, creating it and collecting it.

Through my dear friend, Meredith, I have become familiar with an art gallery in San Anselmo, called the Artist Within.  Meredith works for Cedars that is the parent non-profit for the Artist Within. The Artist Within showcases and sells art created by Cedars' clients, developmentally challenged adults. Over the years I have purchased several pieces of art created by these talented individuals and the pieces not only decorate my walls, they hold a special place in my heart as well.

Every time I return home to Marin I like to visit the gallery to see what new offerings they have. Right now an entire wall is dedicated to one artist who created pen and ink drawings. All the artists, at least to my observation, are able to create without the critical sensor that so many artisans have as their background noise. They are free to conceive their artwork without constraints, thus the finished product has a sense of joy and freedom to it.

My new piece is called The Kiss and consists of a woman reclining on a sofa and she is holding an object in her hand and I believe it represents The Kiss.  It is partially abstract so much is left to the imagination of the viewer. The artist has drawn flowers and various patterns surrounding the woman that adds interest and keeps the eye moving.

It is very simply - an intriguing and charming piece of art. And it puts a smile on my face.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...