Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A Thanksgiving Like No Other

"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Henry C. Bukowski, poet & novelist 

This year Thanksgiving will be unlike any we have ever had or could possibly imagine. When I canceled our annual St. Patrick's Day party last March because of Covid we thought for sure we'd be back to entertaining within a few months but eight months? It is so difficult to comprehend the immense consequences this disease has leveled on our nation. Looking at the tragedy of it, having a Thanksgiving at all is a gift.

We may be sharing Thanksgiving via Zoom without our loved ones in person, but we are doing our best to manage the situation.

We still have so much to be grateful for. Some of us have lost our beloveds, yet, as impossible as it may appear, can we find gratitude in the years we did have with them? We can reach out to others by phone or text to share our love and thanks. We can offer food to those who are unable to feed their families. We can give a monetary donation to food banks that will help serve now and in the future.

We still are blessed. We still have hope. We have a new President, and yes, it is a difficult and dangerous time right now for our country until the transition of power from the former President to President- elect Biden is completed. Still, I have profound hope and faith that all will be resolved.

I know how fortunate I am that I have a loving husband, son, sisters and brother and my extended family on hubby's side. I consider myself privileged to have the dear friends I have who lift me up when I need that and I can support them as well. We have fun and laughter and stories to share. 

Indeed, we have so many reasons to give thanks.

I wish you all a sweet, joyful and scrumptious Thanksgiving.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...