Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Fruits of My Morning Routine

Several months ago I started a new morning routine based on The Miracle Morning book.  It suggests beginning one's morning on the right footing results in a more productive day, and I am seeing the wisdom in this.  It now seems so obvious.  Clearly rising an hour earlier anyone would accomplish more, but the actual results of this hour are far more than simply an hour's worth of work.

It is the way the day begins that makes the difference.  Embarking on a day with a clear intention and focused mind sets me up for a successful day. 

By starting with a 10-20 minute meditation, reading a spiritual or other uplifting book for 10 minutes, visualizing my long term goals, verbalizing my affirmations and journaling; inspire, motivate and energize me so that I am looking forward to my first activity of the day.

Now it's time for exercise and off I go to either the gym for a class or a hike up the mountain with my dear friend Shannon and sometimes my sweet Golden Retriever accompanies us.

After that daily chores are on the roster and even these are more bearable having had a great morning start.

The afternoon is usually time for some creative endeavor.  I've recently taken up a new form of art for me; collage. I've completed two, both of them about my oldest son.  Previously, I painted landscapes and still lifes but haven't picked up a paint brush in close to 10 years. Obviously, as you can see, I've begun a blog.  I'd been procrastinating on this for several years and being alcohol free plus my morning routine has given me space in my brain for these new hobbies. In addition, I've taken pickle ball lessons and plan on continuing that. Who knew that at my age I'd find so many new ways to grow and learn and appreciate life!

I'm sure my husband hopes that my love for cooking will return - thus far it hasn't! Poor guy.  I've told him how in my younger years and when my boys were little I loved to cook gourmet meals.  I'm sorry but my new hubby most likely will not experience that in this marriage. Hey, my hobbies take up a lot of time!

I'm enjoying life and the fruits of my morning routine and sobriety make it all possible.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...