Thursday, December 24, 2020

Winter Holidays Unlike Any Other

 What a year we've had. It's not quite wrapped up, yet the end is in sight. This doesn't mean that the issues we've lived through are over, and uncertainty still hovers over us, however, we have so much good news to celebrate.

The first vaccine has been rolled out and our tireless and dedicated first responders and medical workers are being inoculated across the country. The second pharmaceutical company's vaccine has also arrived and is in the process of being distributed, as well.

Finally, the official Electoral College ratified Joe Biden as our 46th president, regardless of what Mr. Trump and certain Republicans profess. In the not too distant future, our new President and Vice-president will be sworn in and a new era will begin.

This holiday we have much to be grateful for. I'm optimistic that the people of this great country will unite and realize that despite our political or religious differences, the color of our skin or our economic status, we are the same. We all hurt when our loved ones are in pain and rejoice when there is success. We must feel sadness in order to feel real joy. An open heart is the only way to live.

We may be celebrating with our families via Zoom - still Christmas, Hanukkah or any of the many other festivities that may be planned are important and we are fortunate to be alive to enjoy them. Time is a gift. I feel blessed every morning when I've been graced with another day. We must enjoy the present - every second of it.  Let us ask what can I appreciate today and how can I share it? 

I'm sure you too, have mixed feelings about the holidays. This year has been a year unlike any we could have imagined or have lived through and the holidays will also be extraordinary and unusual, nevertheless, the end of the pandemic appears to be in sight and we must keep the faith that all will be well.

My wish to you is a memorable holiday filled with joy, laughter and hope. 

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...