Thursday, July 11, 2019

Focusing on Priorities

We all have activities we love and then there are those that we don't love but are necessary and finally; there are those pursuits that we once enjoyed but for whatever reason, have taken a back seat to our other interests.

This is what is going on with me right now.  I'm reevaluating what is important to me, where I should put my focus and attention and what endeavors I should let go.

For almost five years I have been a volunteer at the Phoenix Art Museum.  I love museums and this one is no exception.  I love perusing the art that is in the permanent collection as well as the temporary exhibits that are on loan to the museum at various times of the year.

Of course, my volunteer role is not to view the art, although that is definitely encouraged, but my position is to interact with the patrons.  We answer their questions and also suggest what exhibits they should not miss and interact when it seems appropriate and give them space when they appear to be enjoying the art on their own.

Since the end of last year I have added several more activities to my day. Something's gotta go! 

Obviously, I'm writing this blog that I began December 30 of last year.  It's just a little diddy but it does take up some brain waves and a bit of time. Also, at the end of 2018 I took up pickleball.  My friend Shannon and I took lessons but I did not actively engage in the sport until Spring of this year and I am addicted!  Oh my gosh, it is so much fun and great exercise as well.  I am now playing several mornings a week. I have made wonderful new friends and am exercising in a way my body has not been accustomed to. 

In addition to the above, I have brought creating art back into my life.  Ten or so years ago I was painting and taking weekly lessons and created several decent pieces.  I let that go when my life changed and I am happy to welcome that creative outlet back in.  Rather than painting though, I am creating collages. 

It's also important to me to stay in contact with my friends and to have an outing with at least one of them every week or so.  All of these events take up a good portion of my time. 

And last but not least there's time I want to spend with my husband (and my dog, Merlin).  None of the above activities involve them so it's important to have special time together and that usually takes place from the dinner hour into the evening with snippets of time caught during the day.  Phew, life is busy but wonderful.

xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...