Thursday, December 26, 2019

More Gratitude

Christmas. Hanukkah. Impeachment. Gratitude. Confusion. Frigid weather. So much to write about - where to begin? I was actually considering taking a break - skipping a week since yesterday was Christmas and I'm in California in my little apartment with my sweet husband and out of my usual writing location in Arizona. Though I have written from here before. Then I re-thought it.  I have not missed a post since I began this blog on December 30 of last year. I'd be disappointed in myself if I broke my streak.

Returning to the first sentence - there has been lots of good and some not so good. Christmas was wonderful, of course. I had 10 of my nearest and dearest for Christmas Eve dinner of Coq au Vin and yummy side dishes.  We started with appetizers and finished with homemade cheesecake with tart cherry topping and salted chocolate chunk cookies.

It was wonderful sharing food, laughter and stories. The not so good part is the impeachment of the President of the United States.  Regardless of your political leaning, impeachment is a serious and solemn event and not a happy day for anyone. However, how fortunate are we to live in a country where this is even possible? I say we are extraordinarily fortunate.

It's too early to see where this process will take us and it's a bit disconcerting not knowing - still, better to be thorough than rush through something this serious.

As I said in my Thanksgiving post - I am grateful for all I have and thank God daily for all He has bestowed on me and my loved ones.

I hope your holiday was joyful and for those who may have sadness in your life, my heart goes out to you.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanksgiving

I wish my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day. I am so grateful for the four years I have been writing and you have been gracious e...